Monday, March 18, 2013

Orange Greeting Card

I do not like the color orange.  I never have, and probably never will, like this color.  But for some strange reason, I decided to make an orange card today...

Here's how I did it...


Back at the beginning of March, I was shopping in Home Depot for my dad's birthday gift (I ended up just getting him a giftcard).  I was looking at the paint samples, collecting a few for my crafts (there are so many things you can do with paint samples!).  I found this odd shaped one, and knew I had to have it. 






Here's where the orange comes in... I traced that shape on the a few pieces of orange scrapbook paper.  Then I cut them out.









Next I arranged the shapes together to make a flower.  Pretty cool, huh?






The card I used for this craft reminds me of a doily.  Actually, that gives me an idea for another craft...  I got this card at Michaels, one of my all-time favorite craft stores.  A pack of 8 for $1!  Envelopes included!




Anyway, I glued those cutouts to this card.  Then I cut out around the card.
I added a button to the center
to hide the ugly edges.








Here is the complete card:


I am not in love with this card... Maybe it's because it's mostly orange, or maybe I didn't spend enough time perfecting it.  Either way, I hope as this serves as inspiration for future projects (even if it's what not to do!).  I used glue stick to glue down the papers and Elmer's school glue for the button.  Simple enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment