Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fun Card


Today was a successful day for card making!

I am very satisfied with how this fun card turned out!


Supplies:
     -  Card
     -  Funky scrapbook paper
     -  Vibrant ribbon
     -  Cute button
     -  Needle and thread


Finished card
After all the supplies were collected, I got to work.  I glued the piece of funky scrapbook paper to the card.  Next, I trimmed the funky paper to fit the card.  Then I played around with different ways to place the ribbon.  I went through a few different scenarios before settling on making an interesting fold with the ribbon.  I first sewed the button in place, then glued the ribbon down so it would keep it's shape.  Trimming the ribbon to match the shape of the card wasn't the easiest task... I haven't been able to master the art of cutting ribbon, so it is rough around the edges.
The button weighs the card down so it will not stand upright.
I purposely did not write a message on the card (yet) so it can be used for any occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment