Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine

Simple Valentine created for my grandparents.

This card was very easy to make.  I got a piece of scrapbook paper and cut 6 1" squares from it.

Then I glued them down on the card leaving a little space between.

Next I tied a bow using a green and blue ribbon.  Less traditional colors for Valentine's, but I did that on purpose.

What you can't see is the ribbon is holding a folded piece of white paper in the center of the card.  This technique tends to give a rather ordinary card a little bit of depth.  It also allows you to make mistakes and/or practice writing your message.  If you mess up or realize you need to change something, the fix is simple: just exchange the piece of paper.  Instead of destroying the card and having to come up with a fix-it, you can be worry free!

No comments:

Post a Comment